FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

best role model out of the trio?

who's the best role model out of the trio?

harry
21%
ron
8%
hermione
71%

Total votes : 97
<<

SecretaryofMagic

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post February 2nd, 2015, 4:05 pm

Re: best role model out of the trio?

Harry is the best role model in terms of tenacity and loyalty. He is one tough kid, and is able to always rise to the occasion in spite of the incredible pressure he faces from outside sources. He's extremly brave too and always protects and helps his friends.

Hermione is the best role model in terms of resourcefulness and work ethic. Loyalty too. It is sort of glossed over just how much she helps Harry. She is willing to be quite ruthless to help her friends, but very effective as well. She blackmailed Rita into poverty to teach her a lesson, than further blackmailed her into writing Harry's story for free. She made sure that members of Dumbledore's army were safe, and severely punished and silenced the person who sought to betray them. She also was willing to lie on the spot and lead Umbridge to the centaurs, whom she knew would "take care" of her. If you think about it her ruthlessness is sort of frightening, but then you realize it is only used against bad people, and in defense of her friends.

Ron.... is a good chess player? Idk..
<<

stefanvh

Quidditch Player
Quidditch Player

Post February 3rd, 2015, 1:11 am

The poll results were very predictable... :lol:
Thanks to Lumiere for this!

Harry/Ginny 4ever <3

Pottermore username: StoneSnitch10208

Mod of /r/HarryandGinny

<<

Lumiere

Albus
Albus

Post February 4th, 2015, 11:26 am

That would be Hermione for me.
<<

AstridElla

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 18th, 2016, 5:08 am

Reason I chose Harry is because of my own life and personal struggles, Harry helped me. He was my favorite character in the beginning, that changed and still changes, but I always have a softness for him for how much his story has helped me.
I felt like I was confiding in him and his life and escaping my own struggles. Not practical for the long term. The later books helped me realize that I can't deal with those issues on my own, somewhat similarly to Harry. He often needed help, though he wanted to do it alone sometimes, not only was he unable to but those who cared about him would not let him be alone. Much progression he went through in my opinion. A lot of decision making too.

His strength and courage has helped me very much! All of the characters have given me something unique and the books have provided lessons and values.
Ah you all already know this! Still it's nice to explain it to those who know it as well as I do...
Last edited by AstridElla on October 19th, 2016, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Deitus

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post October 18th, 2016, 1:42 pm

You have to give Ron some credit.

He isnt smart, nor brave, nor powerful compared to his two friends. HOWEVER, they guy was right there with them fighting, despite his limitations. We could use a little of that sometimes.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post October 18th, 2016, 6:44 pm

None of them. Then again, children aren't supposed to be role models yet.
<<

The Byrd

Squib
Squib

Post November 26th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Ron really does defy all the odds. Let's face it, he's a Weasley, yet he still manages to become a great, integral wizard.
<<

SpaceSapph

Muggle
Muggle

Post February 6th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Honestly, I don't think I would cast any of the three of them as "role models". They each have their own strengths and flaws, and all deal with them in different ways. I don't think it's possible to definitively say it's better to be like Hermione, for example, because she messes up just like Ron and Harry sometimes. I think it's more about finding your own strengths and weaknesses in a character, and learning about handling them by seeing how that character handles them. It's easier to deal with your own feelings when you can look at them subjectively through someone else. So while I wouldn't try to emulate Ron or Harry, I can relate to their behavior and view my own actions critically, enabling me to understand and improve myself.
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post February 6th, 2017, 3:13 pm

The Byrd wrote:Ron really does defy all the odds. Let's face it, he's a Weasley, yet he still manages to become a great, integral wizard.

Think you're being very harsh on the Weasleys.
<<

HarryPotter231

Muggle
Muggle

Post March 14th, 2017, 5:22 pm

Of course Hermione she always is keeping Harry and Ron in line!
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 15th, 2017, 2:58 am

SpaceSapph wrote:Honestly, I don't think I would cast any of the three of them as "role models". They each have their own strengths and flaws, and all deal with them in different ways. I don't think it's possible to definitively say it's better to be like Hermione, for example, because she messes up just like Ron and Harry sometimes. I think it's more about finding your own strengths and weaknesses in a character, and learning about handling them by seeing how that character handles them. It's easier to deal with your own feelings when you can look at them subjectively through someone else. So while I wouldn't try to emulate Ron or Harry, I can relate to their behavior and view my own actions critically, enabling me to understand and improve myself.

I agree with this, for the most part. I believe that there are takeaways from each character, and that they can't really be judged as whole.
(he/she/they)
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 15th, 2017, 3:48 pm

I said Hermione because she is a probably the most attainable. She out works most problems she encounters, she stands up for for people's right to equality. She shows loyalty to Harry when the times get tough.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

Blu3Wind

Muggle
Muggle

Post March 21st, 2017, 8:10 am

Hermione! No doubt!
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 22nd, 2017, 9:28 pm

Harry seems the most well rounded to me. So if I were to emulate any of them, it might be him.
(he/she/they)
<<

SimplySpencer

Muggle
Muggle

Post April 24th, 2017, 4:11 am

Hermione.
<<

MarsUltor

Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Post July 4th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Obviously Hermione. Others are lazy, thick-heads, and both have emotional range of a teaspoon.
<<

CursedChild

Squib
Squib

Post July 6th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Hermonie
Previous

Return to Potter Polls