FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Idea to improve House activity

<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post March 5th, 2017, 9:42 pm

Idea to improve House activity

I have this idea to try to help increase the incentive for members to post in their houses, as well as reward members who do. As it currently stands, all the House Prefects are moderators/administrators. This is great for monitoring the house forums and giving some type of leadership. But how about changing that title to "Head of House" akin to the professor that offers guidance and leadership to a specific house, that would be the person given the current increased level of rank and system control over each house. Then, take two non-moderator house members from each house that each prove to be active and committed to keeping the house active, and grant them the position of "Prefect," as there are two prefects from each house. This is simply a title granted to these members, a reward for being active and somewhat of a "leader" in their house. This can be a position that is voted on by fellow members, or to keep it similar to Hogwarts, is granted by the mods/admins. And this can be something permanent, something they keep until they wish to give it up, or something granted on a yearly basis. It would not give the Prefects any control, but just a title/signature tag.

To go along with this, I would also suggest creating a new forum called "The Prefect's Bathroom," which would be a place with access only granted to prefects, mods and admins. A place to privately discuss issues pertaining to houses, problems in the houses, and ideas to improve the houses and interhouse activity, as well as any other kind of topics wished to be discussed. It would provide an incentive for members to become active in their houses, so they can possibly get voted into the position that allows them more access.

There could even be a Head Boy and Girl nominated that get similar access. Just more incentives to get more activity, and somewhat more positive influence activity onto the forums.

Again, these Prefects don't get a moderator status/control, it is just an idea to add incentive and interest into members being active, especially within their houses.
>>>Image<<<
>>>>>>>>... the artist formerly known as APWBD1881.<<<<<<<<
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 10th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Re: Idea to improve House activity

Sounds like a plan

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post March 11th, 2017, 4:11 am

Sorry for not replying Bucko, don't want you to think we're ignoring this thread. Staff is in discussion. Thank you for your idea!
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post March 12th, 2017, 2:03 am

Thank you for the note back. Just an extra point I failed to add, by having two prefects named, my hope is it guarantees two people working together to increase house activity.

Thanks again.
>>>Image<<<
>>>>>>>>... the artist formerly known as APWBD1881.<<<<<<<<
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 14th, 2017, 5:13 am

If that doesn't work, you guys can always beg and plead with people to post more, lol. Or you could threaten people to do so, lol. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.

Return to Help, Questions, & Support